View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

It's very hard to judge these specific situations, since obviously none of us knows exactly what their conversations went like (or what the Spirit may have indicated), and we're already dealing with 3rd-hand information.

But speaking generally, Bishops are just men (and there's what, 20,000 of them now?) and some take a more serious line than others.

My best advice to your friend would be to reassure her that the Lord knows who she is, and what her circumstances are. If he placed her at this time with this Bishop during this trial, he must have had some purpose in it. I would advise her to humble herself and follow his instructions, even if she feels she's being unjustly dealt with.

As a side note: one of the problems we've had in singles wards in the past is "Bishop shopping" ... where a person needing confession will bounce around from Bishop to Bishop until they find someone whose approach mirrors what they want. My experience is that this does not usually help the person overcome the sin.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 07-02-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote