View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #37
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

As I have said many times if they want the honor code and want to enforce it the way they do, that is fine. They are in charge and people have the choice to go or not go and abide by it.

It does bug me though to hear people praise it as being something it isn't. Some kind of spiritual wonderful thing that sets BYU students apart and above everyone else. It would be wonderful if they lived it as a code without being under duress to do so. I will bet there is less adultery in Iran than the US. I just heard some guy got stoned to death the other day for committing adultery.

Bottom line it is a great way to control people. Heck, there are probably a lot of people in the US who would give up a lot of civil rights in order to have more control over people.

I remember President Samuelson mentioned some lady cornered him and was upset that her daughter was allowed to wear a low cut dress on campus. He felt bad and said they (BYU) need to be more diligent.

I would have said, heck Lady, you raised your daughter. You raised her to come here and act like a slut and now you expect us to baby sit her for you.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote