View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #13
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Mark Warner would have been my top choice, but he said he wouldn't accept a VP position. He will be a great Senator, so it is hard to feel too sad about his decision.

Jim Webb also would have been great. He said he is out. Webb had some controversial statements about women in the past that would have been difficult to get past, but he brought a lot of positive credentials to the table too.

At this point, I think my top choice would be Edwards, followed by Bayh. I don't think Obama will pick a woman (I think it would upset many Dem women if a woman was picked and it wasn't Clinton), so that would rule out Napolitano and Sebelius.

Richardson would be an interesting pick, but I doubt very much that he will be the choice. He has too many odd statement floating around.

Al Gore has been floated, but I don't think he would be interested.

I say 55% Edwards, 40% Bayh, 5% someone else.
In this case I think that Obama needs to pick an unknown. Obama is the show, he is the pull, he is the main event. What he mostly needs in a running mate is someone who doesn't hurt him. I think Edwards would be an exceptionally dumb pick because a lot of people don't like him, and it will allow republicans to play the trial lawyer card.

I think that a moderate governor or Senator from the South who is not a household name is what he needs.