View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 09:05 PM   #28
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
That might be a debate worth having. Tell me what you consider to be sexist. I am interested to know if I fit in your definition.

For instance I think Title 1X or X is stupid. If everything is to be so dang equal, why do we have womens and mens sports. Just have one college football, basketball, golf, etc. team. Why do we have to have one for each.
I think it's sexist to say women are better suited to be full time mothers, and that is their place, which is what two posters have said here. Such statements are not only sexist but openly disproven in every corner and at every level of our country's and Europe's commercial environment. Women today excel at every level, perform toe to toe with men, and there is no evidence (other than anecdotal) that children of working women are worse off. There's more reliable evidence that the average two hours a day small children spend in front of the TV is damaging to them. I know plenty of full-time working moms with great kids. Some have to work, in fact.

It all depends on the whole circumstances. What I oppose here is generalizations. I am not saying what women shoud do, contrary to Norcalcat or DJ Ross.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote