View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo
Would dying be a criteria? What are you talking about?

The Crypt is a private forum on this board. You have to be a member to have access to the crypt. It was originally invented because participants here were getting in trouble on CB for some of what they said on CG. In the crypt, members didn't have to worry about getting punished by El Jefe for speaking their mind. There are rules for entry. The old rules used to be simple -- Be an active contributor to CG for a minimum of three weeks, and then receive a vote of confidence from the current members of the crypt.

I have hoped to participate in the crypt for a long time, but the old rules have changed, and now include a requirement of not having any suspensions from Mike for at least 180 days. What earn's a person a suspension from Mike? Whatever bugs Mike is what earns a suspension. So apparently being on Mike's good side is a NEW rule of crypt entry. Since Mike has beef with me, and frequently bans me with no reason given, I have given up on the hope of ever participating in the crypt.

Why 180 days without suspension is any indication of whether or not a person could be found trustworthy among his peers, or whether he could contribute to the community inside the crypt is a mystery to me, which is why I think it is Mike's anti-Robin-in-the-crypt rule.

The crypt has proven to be somewhat controversial, as its purpose for existence has changed over time, and has been percieved by some as a clique.

But for most active participants, entry isn't an issue. If you wait long enough, you will probably get a mysterious private message that invites you to join. Enjoy.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote