View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 01:05 AM   #47
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
It's unfortunate that over recent decades, the church went from being peculiar, to having missionaries who will baptize anyone who wants a free meal, and look what we have now.
Ok, now you're disagreeing with the prophets. It's not like thousands of faithful missionaries were out there in Chile and the Philippines in the 1980s going against the training and instruction they got from their priesthood leaders by baptizing "too many." I was taught to extend the invitation to be baptized during the second discussion. It was right there in the instructions to the missionary within the discussions, and also taught at the MTC. If that was too soon for someone to join, somehow I think the Lord takes that into account. From what I can tell, the folks who are giving the church the most trouble over the internet these days are hardly coming from those who joined the church somewhere in the third world and just stopped showing up on Sunday. They come almost exclusively from families of the most rigid, unbending, black and white clique of mormons who care more about preserving a club that shares their political, social, ethnic backgrounds and who seem to care more about the meetings and organizational clutter mormonism than the true Gospel of Christ.

Last edited by BlueK; 11-10-2015 at 02:13 AM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote