View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 01:14 AM   #10
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

It was a decent fight. Very technical and sound. While Mayweather did land cleaner shots, neither fighter landed any shot of consequence as neither fighter was ever close to being hurt. That said, it shouldn't have been a split decision. And score cards probably shouldn't have been any closer than 116-112 for Mayweather.

But Oscar impressed me. I expected this fight to go this way. I knew Mayweather wouldn't have killed Oscar. His hands aren't heavy enough to put someone with a chin like Oscar's on the canvas. He's fast enough and elusive enough to score with a few punches and duck out of danger. But even still I though Oscar imposed his gameplan on Mayweather by controlling the center of the ring and forcing Mayweather to the ropes for most of the fight even though he was being outpointed.

I loved how Mayweather thought that this fight would have granted him the respect that he's always wanted and I think in the end it only brought more animosity towards him. Mayweather while talented hasn't really put himself out there to be tested. He's ducked some fights and fighters while Oscar has fought the best and many at the heights of their careers. Bottom line, Mayweather is an ass. Oscar is class.

Also, Jim Lampley's MMA diss at the end was completely ridiculous and he came off looking like a dumb ass. Especially when Max Kellerman called him out on it afterwards.

The first fight between Medina and Bautista was great. The second fight between Hernandez and Juarez was a good one also.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote