View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #27
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I am not understanding your point with regards to Florida. You indicated Obama would be in trouble because Hillary will win in Florida.You then note that it will be a factor only if something "other than the expected" occurs there. Well, she is heavily expected to win in Florida. So how will that help her, according to you, if she does? Can't Florida, with your line of argumentation, only help Obama (unless he receives almost NO votes)? Ironically, for support, you point to Michigan where Obama arguably received more publicity because Hillary only beat "uncommitted" by 16 points or so. Doesn't that support my argument that a loss in Florida won't hurt Obama at all?
I said no such thing. *Sigh* These conversations with you never change. All I said was that it matters, in contrast to you who said it does NOT matter. This is not complicated.

If Hillary wins as expected it will boost her campaign's credentials, even if it gets only cursory media attention in the wake of the Republican contest. If Obama wins against expectations, it will likely get HUGE coverage.

It's a mystery to me how you've retreated under the "no delegates, no matter" tent.

Just for review and your short attention span:

Quote:
Who cares about Florida? It is worth 0 delegates (just like Michigan).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
As Romney and the state of Wyoming has learned, delegates are not always what counts at this stage. As you should know, perception in these early contests can have a big influence on later voters.
Quote:
Democrats aren't paying any attention at all to Florida.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote