View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #12
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
FWIW, I went to BYU, I have numerous family and other close ones that attended BYU. I've lived in Provo my entire adult life. I hire BYU interns. I have close friends and family who are currently employed at BYU. I'm pretty connected to BYU.

I've never once heard a first hand or second hand story of someone who was ratted out to the HCO for something. I've only heard those stories on message boards. For that reason, I feel a lot of this is blown out of proportion.
I'm a student at BYU and I know of only one case where a friend was reported to the Honor Code. He had stayed and talked with a friend of his in her apartment during a particularly difficult time in her life past midnight. She reported him a few months later. He was put on probation and had to do jump through a few hoops in order to graduate. It was dumb.

Other than that, I've never ran into the Honor Code. I frankly think it is overblown, and somewhat archaic in its implementation and enforcement. Were I given a pen and free reign to make changes to the Honor Code itself, however, I don't know that I would.