View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #20
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
It's just posturing so that Powell can have a seat at the table. Come on guys, let's be more realistic.

Powell waited until it was clear who would win, declared his support for the winner, and now, if he wants it, given the gravitas of his public profile, might be able to continue his relevancy, and speaking fees.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Consistent with his military career, the cautious General. I don't know about now but when I still tracked these things he was the only 4 star General who had never commanded beyond Brigade, O-5 or FullBird Col, level and whose command OERs were less than spectacular.

I would probably have voted for him as well but I stand with Archaea, Collin is a bit of what one might call a pussie.

The genius of the Gulf War was Schwarzkopf, he is the one whose strategy the history books will revere. Collin was good for the press with his "first we are going to cut it off then we are going to kill it."

I also think Collin's academic reputation is in the realm of McCain's. Powell is a good lackey and if Bush was lying, which I don't believe he was, Collin does not strike me as bright enough to catch on. But hey he loves Obama....WOOOOOOOOOO!