View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #48
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
I doubt Rev Wright will influence Obama all that much any more as Obama runs from him as fast as he can.

Why did Obama maintain such a close spiritual relationship with a guy that has such antipathy for the U.S.? So much so that he uses such damning rhetoric and pushes outright lies. Did he feel energized by it all? Did it speak to him? If not, then why persist in this relationship?

Now that Wright is throwing Obama under the bus, why such a tepid response? Given Wright's kookiness (black and white brains are different?!?!?), why not strongly dissassociate himself with Wright?

Could the answer be political expediency?

Sometimes our decisions come back to haunt us.
If it was all about political expediency Obama would have disowned the man who helped him find Jesus. He didn't. He only distanced himself from those words.

And I'm sure there's a lot of things you and I can learn from the teachings of our "spiritual adviser" Brigham Young in spite of the racially-charged things he said.

First of all, his church is a pre-dominantly white organization. Only Obama's congregation is majority black. And the mother organization has fully endorsed Wright's ministry.