View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #22
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Yes, I have been to an NBA game...in Los Angeles, where there are plenty of black people. I guess Seattle does not have a big black population? I dont know. It seems like you are saying that either Seattle has a small black population or that Seattle blacks do not have the money to go to the Key. Either way, that sounds sort of racist...or at the very least, ignorant.

Look, no matter how much you flail about, it doesnt change the fact that your premise is flawed, you showed your racist hand by insinuating that the fans of local NBA teams add little or nothing to the community, and then suggesting that you see mostly white high rollers at NBA games....based on what sample size? How many arenas and in what cities? Name an NBA game you have attended that was not in SLC or Seattle.

If you dont want to be called a racist, don't act like one.

On a side note, what are you guys doing for the Fourth? BBQ?
Last I checked two decent tickets to an NBA game were $200-300, not including food and drink. I bet blacks, who are disproportionately poor, are not proportionately represented at NBA games, at those prices.

I said NBA fans didn't add a lot to the culture qua being NBA fans. What do they do, talk basketball? It doesn't have the same impact as a university or a symphony or a ballet, that run schools, do exhibitions at schools, heighten the community's cultural literacy.

We're having a barbeque and I took the kids for a long walk. But I have to do some work now. You?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote