View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:09 AM   #26
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
SU, you are my brother and I love you.

Your homo-erotic avatar was what first caught my attention. Then I saw your pic and was smitten by the goatee.

It is this unrequited love for you, and really my unrequited love for everyone here, that compels me to again politely point out the following:

1. Yes, absolutely some teams get subsidies.
2. In that case, I see your point....perhaps the local govs should tend to more pressing civic matters first....clean up the schools, the local waterways, infrastructure, socialized sexology classes for frigid white male environmental attorneys with unsatisfied wives, etc...
3. You picked the wrong team and player for your cause. If you had referenced the outlandish salaries of your favorite players...Sue Bird, Recebba Lobo, and Chamique Holdsclaw, I would not have batted an eye.
4. You and I both know that Kobe does not make 30M. You basically made that salary up. I would venture to say that before yesterday's erroneous "30M" claim, you hadn't gotten anything up that high in ages.
5. Again in this post, you are trying to use hyperbole to prove a point...or in the alternative, you are a sexy dim bulb. "Every" employee of an NBA team? Seriously? That is your argument? Why single out the NBA? Why not jump on the DC pork bandwagon and follow the real dollars. How many Haliburton threads have you started?

You are down to your last dart, Helen. Maybe after this, you can try your luck at skeet shooting.

Happy Fourth to you, your wife (rowrrr!) and all the black people eating at your house today!
It's clear to me that for you this whole debate has been about the Lakers. Don't touch my Lakers. What a limited perspective. How sad.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote