View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #26
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Of course you do. In fact, you find it all a myth except for that little bit of spirituality that you can't bring yourself to let go of. You have admitted it here before; you believe in some sort of god, or somethign beyond yourself and us. You are unable to articulate what this is, which makes it a very convenient belief, I might add, and yet you cling to it for some unknown and certainly unproveable reason. Anything specifically articulated by others is always a myth, and you are very gracious to point that out to them, but by leaving your own spirituality nebulous and undefined, you avoid similar scrutiny.

As for me, I am quite happy in my one-star world.
I know this is going to sound kind of strange, but I kind of appreciated SU's response. Sure, he probably engaged in some pettifoggery, but you can hardly blame him for that. I am probably too sensitive about this issue because of close family members that are mentally ill. I hope members didn't assume or presume demonic possession or any spiritual ramifications about one of my sibling's Schizophrenia.

Last edited by pelagius; 05-16-2007 at 09:41 PM.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote