View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #25
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
What I have read on the subject indicates they weren't goofing off. It was done as advertising for something. It is the ad agency that thought it would be a good idea.

I will bet this is getting far more play here in the USA. Maybe our PC obsession is a good thing. However, I think thanks to the elite libs in this country, it does get overdone.

Think about it for a second. The Spainards are making themselves look like the Chinese. People are getting upset because they are mocking the Chinese. What are those people saying, the Chinese don't look good. Why is it they are mocking the Chinese. Maybe they are honoring them by trying to look like them.

I think they were trying to have some fun and in this day and age, you better be careful before you try to have fun. The media will always put the worst slant on it.
there isn't an Asian who grew up in this country who hasn't been mocked in the exact same fashion.

I know it means nothing to you, but it means something to people who have been mocked.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote