View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #62
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Several points in response to your nonsensical post.

First, the entire thing is a red herring. The topic of the thread is clearly established in the first post. You don't want to discuss that topic, so you keep meandering off point and wandering into irrelevant territory. Ironic, given your conclusions about topic avoidance above.

Second, am I under some sort of obligation to respond to every thread written? I have been working a lot and, consequently, not posting much on here or reading much on here (of course, there hasn't been much to read either since the new forum was created).

Third, "American politics" is an extremely broad category you are establishing for the topic of conversation here. To say that this topic is about American politics and, therefore, all issues pertaining to American politics are relevant to this conversation, is absurd. This is the simple "If all A are also B, then all B must also be A" fallacy. Yes, conversations about constitutional violations committed by Bush do fall into Group B (American politics), but that certainly doesn't mean that everything involving American politics also falls into Group A (discussion about Bush's constitutional violations). I find it astonishing that this really needs to be explained. Believe it or not, it is entirely possible to have a conversation about the Bush presidency and actions undertaken by Bush without needing to discuss Obama, or Garfield, or Adams, or Buchanon.

Fourth, I find it exceptionally amusing that you suddenly think I am afraid to discuss Obama and his policies, especially given quotes by you, Arch and others on here for the past two years that I do nothing EXCEPT write about Obama.

Are you just incredibly uneasy discussing this topic or any topic involving Bush, and making the assumption that I must, therefore, also be uncomfortable discussing Obama?
American politics is sooo broad that you would state that Bush is relevant and Obama is not simple because it's supposedly such a specific subject? Double wow. Of course you are under no obligation to respond, it's just puzzling that you would ignore the many threads about the current president and then post about Bush? He's no longer in office -- he's irrelevant. What a poor attempt to deflect.

In all honesty I've looked forward to talking Obama with you. That's why I've been around the board. You have an interesting outlook. Quite frankly your actions suggest you are not comfortable discussing Obama!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote