View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 05:09 AM   #10
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
When I was a Deacon (or maybe it was when I was a teacher - can't remember for sure) we had an etiquite lesson in Deacon's Quorum. The DQA took us to his house where he had set the table with china/silver and had invited some of the Laurels over for demonstration purposes. I definitely remember that the girls were older than the boys which was probably done on purpose so that we would be intimidated and not act like silly dorks. We learned/practiced how to open doors for a lady, how to seat a lady at the table, proper table manners (where to place our napkin), etc. I guess it was kind of a do-it-yourself version of cotillion.

Considering the fact that I can't remember any other single lesson we had during my years as a YM, that Deacon's quorum lesson certainly made an impression on me.
That's my vote. I remember an etiquette dinner activity we had with the youth of my ward quite clearly. My observation of my student singles ward suggests that many LDS young men have no idea what to do with girls whatsoever.