View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #26
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Why do you equate a nonreligious person with a person who is shady or dishonest?

That is offensive in my mind. I've known many religious persons who are bad people and known many nonreligious people who are good people. Those terms are NOT synonymous.
of course they arenot synonymous ..i wonder what made you think they are. something wrong with my post or with your understanding ???

for the sake of bright conversation i am going to explain here why you should not jump to this offensive upshot ...

since in islam we basically dont have such prospective toward human in this specific case..we believe that being a moral person almost has nothing to do with being religious ..Thanks to wise ,loving God," man " has been equipped with such instruments that truly convey him toward goods and prevent him from evil . so you can be an atheist and still care about moral.. no inconsistency whatsoever!

but accepting a religion is a further step of being moral methinks...thats why in islam we wouldnot aknowledge such a thing as "dishonest believer" plainly becuase with practicing a true religion , an (already) moral person is going to profit the religion in discovering new realms in the perfection path ahead.

thereupon if we are witnessed of a devotee who is deshonest and knavish
there will be serious concern/issue with his belief system or his religion ,that wouldnot allow us to include him in the same category as his religious peers ,any more.
unless he adjusts his deeds to what he has been attached .

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 11-05-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote