View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 12:52 AM   #9
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
When you mention a schedule of six Pac-10 schools and four Big 12 schools, I'm sure any of them would welcome BYU into their home, but how many of the teams who are consistently over .500 would be willing to travel to Provo?

I know that in the recent past BYU has managed to secure home and home series with Notre Dame and USC (of course at the time of scheduling, nobody knew USC would be ranked #1 both years), however has it become more difficult to draw big name programs to LES, in the age of the BCS?
I think it would be tricky. You might not be able to get six every year. But you could probably get Big Ten schools like Indiana, Illinois, and Purdue to fill in when necessary. BIG 12 schools like Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., Oklahoma St., Baylor, Colorado, and Texas A&M, would be easy to schedule.

Throw in some rare games with Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Michigan, Penn St., and Iowa. Don't get me wrong, I don't think BYU would go 10-2 with this type of schedule very often. I'd be thrilled with 8-4 or 9-3 and have them play some new blood. It's hard to get excited about Wyoming or Colorado St.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote