View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #14
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
A little of both I think. I had not planned on doing this one but the night before things started to come together and I decided it was going to work out. Definitely a rookie mistake and I was thinking about so many things that a flat was the furthest thing from my mind. I was lucky to get pedals on the bike as they arrived at the race a half hour before the start. :shock:
sucks about the flat.

I had nothing but bike troubles this year in my tris. I made it though the st george tri wihtout any isssues I believe but that was the last one to make it through unscathed. My next one I flatted with 2 miles to go so I just rode it out and let it get flatter, was riding on rim when I came into transition. Did a mountain bike one a week later and broke my chain after 3 miles, pushed the bike fro 2 miles and then found someone witha chain tool so I could fix it.

Later in the year I did another offorad tri and my shifter broke, leaving me with only granny gear for the last 3 miles of the ride. luckily it was mostly climbing and steep downhill but it stilled sucked hardcore.

So this year was the year of bike problems and I am hoping next year I will have none of that.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote