View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 11:53 PM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
"But Mike, God will work it out in the end. Any child prevented from being baptized, that dies, will have that chance in the next life."

Ok, if it all works out in the end, I feel like I don't have a lot of motivation to do the hard work on the front end. I don't feel much motivation anymore to try and convince estranged gay Mormons to return to the faith and church attendance.
It confirms one's doubt in the existence of inspiration. I love the history I had of watching BYU sports, but am disappointed the culture changes so slowly that dinosaurs will walk the earth again before the bureaucratic leadership makes meaningful reforms.

Prop 8 killed the Mormon Moment. It won't return because there is no living inspiration any longer.

I can't make a prediction because I lack too much data. Will I be surprised if BYU is not invited? Not at all.

Will I be surprised if BYU is invited? No, because athletically, the school makes sense.

I am doubtful is a done deal either way.

Yet leadership is tone deaf to societal changes on gay issues and Sunday play. There is a ton of hypocrisy on the latter.

Historically, Christianity did not observe the Sabbath until sometime in the Medieval Ages.

Now, LDS celebrities who work on Sundays are celebrated, but BYU can't compete in championships? Get real. Society is a 24/7 and BYU needs to move into the 21st century, not hearken back to the 14th Century French era.