View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I haven't gone there to read up. I was in St George for business and between meetings and swimming with the kids I had little time for the internet. Auditors in Rockland today so I am hoping to get to your texags antics this evening. The links are posted.
Yeah, it's not really possible to get the full story at this point.

In brief, I had been posting on Texags since October.

Once the matchup with BYU was announced, texags posters launched into mocking Mormons in very rude ways (including posting photshopped garments).

I started a thread examining racism in basketball and on campus at BYU and A&M. I alleged that there were aspects of racism at A&M. I got some stats wrong, so my point had its testicles ripped off. The thread was the hottest thread of the day on their basketball forum. It was deleted, and the mods said if I acted in a racist way again (what?!!!! A&M is racist, not me!), I would be banned. So I knew I would soon be banned.

I started a thread in their religion section saying I would no longer push A&M on Mormon youth as being superior to other schools in Texas for Mormon kids.

Then the next day, someone posted a couple of links from here on CG: 1) the thread where I alleged racism at A&M, but much more directly and 2) where I quoted a newspaper columnist about an A&M joke ("play with matches") and repeated what A&M posters were saying to Mormons "you are too PC if you are offended" etc.

I was immediately banned after links to these threads were posted on Texags by a Texags poster.

Hilarity ensued. Mikewaters bashing started on Texags. Including a quote that said something to the effect "It's one thing to joke about Mormonism, it's quite another to joke about the bonfire, and you know it!"

CG had the most number of guests in its history.

End result: sensitivity and what is appropriate to say about Mormons was discussed on their website more than ever before, I dare say.

Lives were changed, lessons were learned, hearts were mended.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote