View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #38
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
David Archuleta has legit singing talent and will be around for a long time.

Long before he was ever on American Idol and was known nationwide I'd seen him sing in Sacrament Meeting several times and a few other church functions. Word would typically spread and just for a regular sacrament meeting they would have to get extra chairs and have them usually lined back up to the stage.

My brother would sit up at the stand and his favorite thing to watch as David would start to sing, is the reactions and looks of peoples faces out in the crowd.

You can mock the kid all you want if it makes you feel better, but it doesn't change the fact he was blessed with a gift and has an incredible voice.

And it couldn't happen to a nicer, more humble kid. His demeanor is not an act. He is genuinely shy and is having to learn how to break out of his shell.

This is the first season I've ever watched American Idol, and I've never been able to stomach the show, but this year I have simply because I know the kid and his family and I'm rooting for them all the way.
The kid has pipes to be sure. I wonder how the marketing machine that is pop culture will treat him though. It is a tough business.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote