View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #1
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road
Default The conference tournaments

The results of yesterday really could not have gone any better for BYU with the following teams all losing: Oklahoma State, Mississippi, Texas, Texas A&M, Illinois, Miami. A few more teams competing with BYU right now for inclusion and seeding will probably lose today.

OSU and Mississippi were on a little more solid ground than the others, especially OSU. Ole Miss' problem is they lost to a terrible team so they could fall all the way out. A lot of brackets still have Texas, but I think they're in more trouble than many think. They did lose to a good team yesterday. The problem is their sub .500 conference record (which adding in the game yesterday is now 8-11)Historically the committee hates taking those kinds of teams, but they have made exceptions.

Texas has a tough schedule, but the committee also likes to see a decent W/L percentage from those tough games. UT is now 3-12 against the top 50. It's nice they played that many top 50 teams, but only winning 3 of those 15 is a problem, and the perception is that many average teams might be able to sneak out 3 wins if they had 15 chances. NC State got in last year with somewhat similar types of numbers but theirs were a little better and they made an impressive run at the ACC tournament last year which helped put them over the top.

I'd say BYU is pretty safe to get in at this point.