Thread: Jazz v. Lakers
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #40
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Yep. He certainly went to the line a lot in Game1. I don't expect that trend to continue. Tracy McGrady averaged 8.8 FTA/game in the Utah series, but shot 18 in game6 (taking out that game, he averaged 7FTA/game). He averaged 5.4/game during the season this year.

FWIW, in the last three years, Kobe's FTA/game has dropped from 10.2 to 10.0 to 9.1 in 07-08. His FGA/game has also dropped each of those years - although most drastically between the season ending in '06 & the season ending in '07.

In response to the part of the post you added...

No. As I've stated, the preferential treatment exists. I simply don't think it's as prevalent as you apparently do. In fact, I'd suggest that the opposite effect is more prevalent - the scrubs not getting calls they should because they suck.

BTW, you're heading back into the "Rocky's fallback argument" position by adding the word 'irrational' to your question. You'd be far better off if you'd make a rational argument yourself rather than simply mocking the arguments of others. But, you don't seem capable of making such an argument.
I absolutely don't think it's rational...even a tiny bit to think that preferential treatment, moreso in the NBA than any of the major sports isn't prevalent.

Since you refuse to believe so, in spite of years of factual history proving me right, you and your "argument" has earned the right to be mocked.