Thread: Walkenhorst
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 06:17 PM   #2
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

I also have great respect for Walkenhorst as well. As someone who has suffered with depression throughout the majority of my life let me say it can be very difficult to overcome. The social stigma against people with depression exist and it is something that society needs to work on. I left my depression unchecked until I was 23 because I was ashamed of it. I hid it from everyone I could and even close friends and family were either not aware of it or not aware of the extent it was a problem.

In the end I finally seeked help and have been able to control it. I'm glad to see that Walkenhorst has learned to deal with his problems as well. I am happy to see that he is open and honest with his problems. I think people like Walkenhorst who are visible can go a long way to removing the stigma that is associated with mental disorders like depression.

I for one am putting the rivalry aside and pulling for Walkenhorst to have a great season this year. More importantly I hope he is healthy the whole year and has no relapses in his problems.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote