View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #46
minn_stat

minn_stat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I was hoping somehow I get get an "Amen" from Lebowski here, but I got complete silence. I'm still trying to decide if he was ignoring me or if it was too hard for him to publicly admit he agreed with me about something.

minn_stat, what kind of work do you do?
I've jumped around a bit in my career. My first position out of school ended up being basically a SAS programmer/architect, although they had told me the position would be more than that. I did do some stats, and a lot of BI-type stuff, and waited patiently for what was promised, but eventually decided to leave.

So I left for the warmer climes of MN, where I provided the statistical support for the finance department of a Fortune 100 company. One of my primary responsibilities was working with financial forecasting models of various sorts.

About a year ago, a friend gave my name to a healthcare organization here in MN. They contacted me, I listened, and I eventually took their offer to provide statistical support to their marketing department. Segmentation, conjoint analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, that sort of thing.

So I'm a bit of a "jack of all trades, master of none" when it comes to statistics.
minn_stat is offline   Reply With Quote