View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #32
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American
And yet, you are still here?

What is the motivation for somebody to speak to an audience whose opinion does not matter to him? Is he practicing for the opportunity to someday converse with someone whose opinion DOES matter to him? Is he merely enamoured with the sound of his own voice? Or does he gain as much pleasure from seing one embrace his own ideology as he does from watching others wallow below him in a state of inferiority, such that he is indifferent to their state?

As much as Robin has antagonized board members here, he at least attempts to represent views he holds to be important. I may rarely agree with what he says, but I can at least respect his attempts to discuss them with civility. You, on the other hand, have no interest in participation, but seem rather to be aroused by your own presence.
Why the interest in other people's motivation? Everyone is here for a slightly different nuanced version of the same reason -- we like to read and blather about the kinds of subjects that get posted here, and we enjoy the quirky collection of personalities that the site has drawn (like moths to a zapper-light?).

Lingo is one of the quirky personalities that, for whatever reason, has decided to pitch a tent in this campground. I doubt I am alone when I say that I am glad that he is here, even though we agree on next to nothing. I like Lingo like I like mustard on my turkey sandwich. I might not ever pull a jar of Dijon out of the fridge and plow through it like it was yoplait, but on a SANDWICH it is perfect.

We should spend more time making people feel like they are at home. Too many good people have already felt like they needed to pack up camp and pitch their tent elsewhere. There have been some unfortunate losses.

Last edited by Robin; 06-06-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote