View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #15
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Look, this is your third post in a row where you are taking potshots at me personally, which is usually indicative of a crappy position from which to debate.

I get your question...you are basically wondering whether Spain is not getting the message with regards to doping. I am saying that, regardless of whether Spain is getting the message, the tour has busted 2 cyclists already this race....hence my question about whether all these guys are dopers.

Your response: you don't know cycling, i usually like your posts but now now, etc...

Again, address the doping issue as it stands. Cycling has a major perception problem with drug abuse, just like baseball. How can it be credible when such abuse is rampant?
Potshots? You thought those were potshots? Seriously? You must be more sensitive than I realized. What position do you think I am taking that you are trying to debate, anyway?

Moreover, for you to claim that I am refusing to address the issue of doping is laughable. If you really want to know my thoughts about it, it is pretty easy to find the many posts where I have discussed it in the cycling forum. In fact, my guess is that if you ask the other regulars in the cycling forum you would get a consensus that I post too much about that topic and in general. But if you think that your little joke is going to make me want to spend time educating you about the issue, you are wrong.

I realize this is n't really your fault, but I get tired of epople that have no interest in the sport or understandign of the sport and yet think they know enough to condmen it as full of dopers and cheats and so dismiss it out of hand without ever understanding what is at issue. The question of spanish doping is very intersting within the sport, especially given the background of the problem. My post was directed at those that may care about that, or at least that know about it. Your pithy and blithe reply was, frankly, just annoying and added nothing of value. Again, not your fault, and I was overly grouchy, but that's the way it is sometimes.

Does cycling have a credibility issue? Sure. I think they are unfairly painted with a broad brush, however, as the sport is also better than almost any other at testing itself. In the long run, it will survive and be fine, but maybe not in America unless we get another American winner. Now, if you really want to talk about the issue, try to learn a little more about it and bring more to the table than the same trite hoo-ha we have heard before or, at the very least, ask serious questions.