View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #52
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
The angels of heaven are on my side? Sorry, you've just engaged in rhetorical nonsense.

Invoking the divine? More vacuous rhetoric.

You can only fault yourself for that interpretation. While we're on the subject, how many times do you attempt to use me as a caricature to espouse your own morally/intellectually superior positions?

I simply tried to explain my view on how we can constructively/effectively offer a differing opinion with leadership. For whatever reason, you've chosen to ignore the real substance of my post and go off on bizarre tangents and engage in ridiculous rhetoric.
I agree with Adam's characterization of your post, but you and Tex love to use the "I", implying the rest are idiots and moral reprobates, "defer to the divine". None of us here are necessarily morally superior to any other, but if we can caricature those who believe they that will bring them down to our level. "The angels of heaven" is a known manner of referring to the divine authority argument you invoked. If you don't like it, don't use the device.

Most of the articulation used your own words and then you repudiate their meaning, how is that poppycock?