View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #15
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The first requirement to being FOR the environment. . .

is being AGAINST George W. Bush. You cannot support someone that would appoint an assclown like Mike Leavitt as head of EPA, and seriously say that you care about the environment. Leavitt is the guy whose first act as governor was to fire the official from the Division of Wildlife Resources who had fined the Leavitt family's commercial fish hatchery for bringing whirling disease to Utah. When Leavitt was governor, Utah ranked dead last in enforcement of the Clean Water Act (this according to reports by the EPA. Maybe as head of the EPA, Leavitt can do something to get rid of those annoying reports).

The fact that Bush would appoint someone like Leavitt to head the EPA is more than a slap in the face to those that care about the environment. It's Bush's way of telling us all to "squeal like a pig."

Sorry for the rant, but when I hear people talking about whether they are "for the environment" or "FOR THE ENVIRONMENT", it makes me laugh. There is not a lot of middle ground. If you only care about the environment so long as it doesn't inconvenience you personally or so long as it doesn't inconvenience the corporations and political interest groups that support your presidential candidate, then you really don't care about the environment.

I'll get off my soapbox now and go home.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote