View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A giant of a man has passed away.

Colonel Wilson, ward member in College Station passed away after suffering from multiple illnesses.

He was a Colonel in the Vietnam War, and suffered an injury that damaged his hip, that forced him to walk with a cane.

I got this far in typing and Zulu called me to tell me that he had committed suicide, and that was the cause of death.

It really doesn't fit the man I know. But I know he must have been suffering at the end.

Of all the people I have met in my life, he is probably the most generous unassuming man I met. He basically funded the scouting program in our ward, and made sure that every scout had a uniform and every scout got to summer camp. he would have them work at the fastfood restaurant that he owned.

Col. Wilson was featured in a book by a general authority several years, giving an account of his time in the Vietnam War, and how he joined the church. It was about courageous members.

I have no doubt that Col. Wilson is in a better place now. It's hard to understand how this happened, but in my mind, it is nothing more than one small occurrence in a long a life dedicated to others.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote