View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #47
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
My problem with a one year supply is that I have nowhere to put it. My home is about 1400 square feet and I have 4 kids. I have a large garage but I live in one of the hottest cities in CA. We've already had a few days well over 100 degrees this May and we will consistently be in the 100's throughout the summer. This puts garage temps up into the 120's regularly.

So, I've got about a 3 month supply tucked throughout the house. Short of building an underground bunker I have no idea how I could put 9 more months worth of food in my home without it spoiling. Any ideas would be appreciated.

On a somewhat related note, my back lawn died for the 2nd time in a year. This time I decided that I was going to do something different with it. I've made it into a vegetable garden (not done yet, but getting there). It looks nice and should be pretty productive. I'm kind of excited about it as we haven't ever had a large garden before.
This is our main issue. No room to store stuff, so not going to worry about it.

Even if we had a huge bag of wheat, I wouldnt know what to do with it anyway. do you put it in the microwave?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote