View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 AM   #19
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Are you really bitching about the play calling? I give Anae all the credit in the world, it takes guts to call 10 straight running plays when you are primarily a pass first offense. Also to address a few other concerns:

Mike mentioned misdirection: We ran misdirection quite a bit but it is very subtle we will fake behind one guard and go behind the other, we do not run any counter plays or anything like that, but we do run quite a bit of misdirection.

WR screens: we ran 3 of them to Collie, also the play where we put the reciever in motion and swing it out to him is the equivalent of a swing pass (we ran it a lot ot Harline last year) so if you include that we ran 5 total.

When you are getting 5 yards a carry you run the damn ball and dont stop until they proven that they can stop you.

A few things i noticed on Halls ints and a few of his passes.

1. First ball he threw to Collie on the post corner, Austin was wide open he had turned the DB around and Hall missed him badly.

2. His pick that ended up at the 1, Matt Allen ran a post and their was a LB underneath (who made the pick) a safety over the top, and a corner trailing the play by about a yard, it was a very bad decision and Hall would have needed to make a perfect pass.

3. The one where he got hit and through the pick was still his fault imo because he held the ball way to long and you could see the blitz was coming, he needed to tuck it and take the sack or get rid of it a lot sooner.

4. The last pick was a horrible decision, Reed was blanketed and Hall tried to thread the needle.

Also one more side note, i think Sanford had some serious cash on this game, how else do you explain the decision to go for 2 and then kick it deep.
Great anaylsis and couldn't agree more.