View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What players have gotten better during their time at BYU

I actually feel sick when I realize that I have a hard time thinking of any players that have gotten better under Bronco.

Most of the big "stars" at BYU have not gotten better.

Kyle Van Noy. Good from the start, good now. Harvey Unga. Was actually better as a freshman than he was the rest of his time at BYU. Jake Heaps. Never improved. Reilly Nelson. Never improved. Hoffman. Good from the start, good now.

The list of players who had high expectations and never showed any development. Ross Apo. A slew of tight ends.

1. There is no demand for Bronco out there.
2. There is zero demand for any assistant who has worked under Bronco. The most successful one was Anae, whom Bronco DID NOT hire. And it was Bronco who is thought to have forced him out.
3. There are just seven players in the NFL who played at BYU. How many of them were recruited by Bronco as HC?
4. Player development is just subpar at BYU.

The worst part--it's never going to get better. Recruitment is not improving, coaching is not improving, player development is not improving, and very basic things like end-of-game clock management seem like a complete mystery to Bronco Mendenhall.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote