View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAg View Post
We do have a code that we are proud of, however we do not say we are better b/c other schools don't have the same. And yes we consider ourselves more conservative and moral than the liberal hippies at Godless University of Texas. We don't play second fiddle to them, academics are very similar and in athletics we are actually starting to pass them (to elaborate we finished with more conf titles than UT last year and we currently are leading the Lone Star Showdown, meaning we have beaten them more than they have beaten us this season.)

They make fun of our traditions even though they have copied 4 of ours and have some traditions of their own geared toward A&M.

And they've racked up a huge lead in the football series thanks to the first 90 years of A&M's existence(until 1967) when it was a corps-mandatory military school and had more important things to worry about than football. During the WWs A&M was sending 50% of it's cadets to the military, and even when there was not a war do you realize how hard it is to recruit good players when they HAVE to be in the corps. Why do you think The Citadel is never any good? A&M was basically very similar to The Citadel until 1967. Funny how much closer the series with UT is once A&M became the public university that everyone knows today.
I have only seen the belief that you are close to UT academically from Aggies. Most outsiders consider UT and Rice the top tier from Texas.

So I am genuinely surprised you represent that academically the two are equivalent. For example, UT law school is universally considered one of the best law schools in the country, but I honestly am unaware if TAM has a law school. I can say the same for MBA, but I do believe you have a decent med school.

This is not to say, due to the oil money in Houston, TAM is considered deficient, but that it generally not considered on par with UT by outsiders.