Thread: The Couplet
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 05:56 PM   #38
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

For all the disagreement these concepts have generated over the ages, one would have thought we'd be closer to understanding it. However, after all is said and done, I'm not certain I have a good grasp on the Godhead now as before my thoughts and study.

We really don't know too much about who or what the Holy Ghost is. The Greeks used the word for wind in a neuter sense when describing this personage, who as SEIQ notes, gets treated a la Hermes. Though much BoM language treats Christ as co-equal with the Father, the NT almost makes him subsidiary to the Father.

However, I wonder if Christ's discussions are not meant to be be theological but petitional. Was Christ directing people to pray and to petition God, because he knew he would leave and wanted to focus people toward heaven, not toward his mortal self, and perhaps inadvertently tilted the balance.

Although I enjoy the study of words as much as the next person, perhaps it is truthful that human language cannot express the nature of these personages and how they relate to one another.