View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 12:47 AM   #43
MLOdawgs

MLOdawgs is on a distinguished road
Default hmm...

Yeah I hear that. It's hard to say, there is so many question marks on our team and I don't know very much about BYU.

All I can do is tell you which areas we are very optimistic about:

DEFENSE - New DC Ed Donnatell is a major upgrade over Kent Baer and already has our defense hitting hard and popping pads. Our safeties Nate Williams and Victor Aeiyewa can knock your head off but they are very inexperienced. Our corners are either mediocre upper classmen or talented but inexperienced frosh. The D-line has only one starter returning, Teo-Nesheim, and the rest will be talented but inexperienced frosh/sophomores. The strength of our defense is our Linebacker corps, even with Savannah injured. Mason Foster started last year as a true freshmen and is a total stud. Butler is big and fast and Tuiasosopo is a fire hydrant in the middle.

OFFENSE - The strength of the team is the O-line, which is pretty good even with our best lineman C Juan Garcia injured. Our two deeps at the Oline are all at or over 300 pounds. We have a talented but inexperienced RB in Sophomore Brandon Johnson and a young stable of frosh behind him. Chris Polk and Curtis Shaw will be used like Reggie Bush and will play both RB and WR depending on the formation. We have a lot of speed at WR but inexperience everywhere as we graduated five senior WR's this year. We have a couple of really good FB's. Our TE situation last year was pathetic and should be improved this year with high profile recruit Chris Izbicki seeing the playing field. It's possible Kavario Middleton (even higher profile TE recruit) could play but I have a feeling he will redshirt unless he is just too good to leave on the bench.

Jake Locker of course. EVERYTHING relies on Jake Locker. He will be why we win or lose every game in my honest opinion UNLESS the inexperienced freshmen can step up to the plate and take the pressure off of Jake.
MLOdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote