View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #16
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
So let me get this straight - in addition to being submissive, crafty, domestic and sexually alluring/available 24/7, Mormon wives are responsible for discouraging their husbands' polygamous and polyandry (e.g. sexually enticing) escapades?

And this weekend I will be lectured about how wonderful it is to be a second class citizen in an obscure western U.S. religion that essentially panders to women, while reserving all the decision making authority to the resident male patriarchy who look down their bulbous noses at real feminine issues? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Serious question: what value does the Church bring to women (especially single women not named Dew) other than an obscure promise of salvation linked specifically to "their man"? Face it, the Church still subtly condones polygamy by allowing men to be sealed to multiple wives.

I will wait for honest introspective answers on the value question (no Brigham Young or BRM quotes please - if it is not apparent, I am having a bad day).
All I can go by is the experiences of my mother, sisters and wife in the church, but I really, really have a hard time seeing how you can think that women are second class citizens.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote