View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
All good reasons for choosing your teams.

For me, I became a Baltimore Orioles fan when I was 8 years old and my uncle who is from Baltimore took me with him and my aunt back to Baltimore for some family business. My uncle had a friend who was a part of the ground crew at the old War Memorial Stadium and this guy got me onto the field during batting practice. He introduced me to Brooks Robinson and Robinson got a new ball from the equipment manager and then introduced me to each and every one of the Orioles and had them sign the ball. (Names on the ball include Robinson, Jim Palmer, Don Baylor, Paul Blair, Al Bumbry, Bob Grich and Earl Weaver). Weaver even suggested that I take a little bit of BP and Jim Palmer pitched 5 or 6 balls to me. They gave me a hat and a Louisville Slugger bat and then my uncle and I sat in box seats right near the Orioles dugout.

I was hooked for life.

Choosing the Broncos as my NFL team is much less interesting. It was the same year that I chose the Orioles and I just liked the orange uniforms.

BTW - I played against Will Clark in a 3 game series when he was at Miss. State and I was at Marist. He was a terrific player then and they took 2 of 3 games from us.
Thats awesome, i have had a few similar experiences. My best friend growing up his Uncle is Craig Lefferts that pitched for San Francisco, and Texas.

He would always take us in to the clubhouse after games and let us hang out and talk to the players as long as we didnt bug them for autographs and stuff like that.

When he was with San Francisco i saw Donnel Nixon naked for some reason i remember it clearly. I talked to Will Clark a few times but i was way to star struck.

When he went to Texas, Will actually went as well so i saw Will again when he was a Ranger. Juan Gonzalez was the biggest dick you will ever meet. He was so rude to use and no one in the locker room really liked him.