View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Without question and without a doubt, the worst restaurant/bar that I have ever been to was: Cynthia's Bar (http://www.cynbar.co.uk/) in London, England. It had gotten a pretty good write up in an english newspaper and it was atrocious. They call it the first robotic restaurant as the bar keeper is a robot that moves. Wow! I thought it would be kinda funny and that the food would probably be decent. Nope.

I called the restaurant early on a Friday morning to find out if I needed to make reservations. The gentleman told me that it was a good idea. We showed up (wife and our 2 friends) at 7pm. They found our name on the reservation and sat us at a table. We were the only ones in the entire restaurant. In fact, we didn't see anyone else but the person that sat us down. We got our menus and after about 20 minutes, someone came out and took our order.

Now, no lie, about 5 minutes after we gave our order, a guy walks out of the kitchen and he is wearing a coat but under his coat we see cooking clothes. It looks like he may be a cook. Anyway, he briskly walks past us and out of the restaurant. About 15 minutes later, this same guy walks back past us with a couple of bags back into his kitchen. About 45 minutes after we order, our food comes out and it was unbelievably bad. The spaghetti could have possibly been made out of ketchup. It was so brutal, but we were all laughing because it was just crazy. Nobody else had entered the restaurant during all this time.

We got our bill which I looked at and asked if they were serious. They gave us a discount and we left. It was brutal but made for a great story. We really believe it may have been a front for another business because there is no way that anyone would visit that place twice.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote