View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 02:18 AM   #30
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker310 View Post
I'm with Sizzle. Lots of little greyhounds on this board. You guys must look like Lee Cummard on Fast Sunday. I'm 5'11" and weigh around 210. I'd wish I could get to 185, and would even be ecstatic if I could get to 195. Any diet I try seems to leave me with no energy. I've got precious little energy these days, as it is. Viking, we seem to be the same age... how do you kick up the energy levels???

The upside of having a bigger build is that I can wear sleeveless jerseys (love that cooling effect) without looking like Michael Rasmussen.
I don't think I lost much muscle this time around. I did a very similar thing back in 2004 and lost a lot of muscle mass (cycling takes it right off of me). This time I've done it much slower and have made an effort to limit muscle loss by just barely being in a caloric deficit and having plenty of protein floating around in my system.

As far as nutrition goes, I switched to eating six 300-400 calorie meals per day, taking one day a week to eat whatever I want (basically the Body for Life program). If I go heavy on the cardio, I eat a little more and up the carbs, often adding a 7th meal. I lost about 2 pounds a week initially, then leveled out at around 190. I've been losing about 1/4 pound per week lately and will likely hit my target in the next month. It's a way that I can eat comfortably for the rest of my days.

Last edited by SteelBlue; 08-24-2007 at 02:38 AM.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote