View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #28
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Runs_Blue View Post
Are you kidding me? How are comparing the competiveness of Utah high school basketball to New Yorks? That is just laughable. I have seen Chris Collinsworth play my old high school at timpanogos last year and he didnt impress me at all, in fact his team lost that game and Timpanogos was a horrible team. I have seen Tyler Haws highlights from the chapionship game but I wasn't that impressed with him either. He is a good player but come on, he isn't as great as you make him out to be. All you have gone by on Jimmer's video is his offense, you haven't seen his defense you don't know how quick he really is so you can't be making these judgements already. Personally I think Jimmer is going to be an incredible player who is going to help us a lot.
No offense, but that entire paragraph is laughable. I am not going to get into the quality of state of Utah hoops...but I am happy to do at another time (interstate games, AAU games, in state players playing college ball, etc.). I am not going to get into the quality of Jimmer--but we have seen high profile, big time players out of New York recently that came to the University of Utah that have done average at the university level.

Ricky Johns was all Bronx and the leading scorer of New York City hoops (30 points per game). He was heavily decorated out of high school. He led his team to the New York Public School championship as well. He played at Utah and though he did have a very fine senior season, expectations were not met.

Lawrence Bohra was an all-stater and was also the leading scorer for New York City (31.3 points per game) while averaging 13 boards a game. He then headed off to California for his senior season where he put up comparable numbers to his New York junior season. Bohra has been average at best for Utah.

What I am trying to say is--talk all you want about Jimmer. We have heard the talk before. Lets see what he does on the court in college before we label him the biggest thing ever. Cause us Ute fans have heard it before in regards to all New York, all world players.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote