View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #23
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
My favorite bands are what would be considered the original New Wave bands, though many of them really aren't what I would say is New Wave, but only got put in that category because they're not the lousy Top 40 crap of that time - such as Echo and the Bunnymen, The Rave Ups, Oingo Boingo, etc.
I love those bands.

Echo just played here at the HOB for the second time in a few years. great shows. They played here when I was in high school with New Order and Gene Loves Jezebel. new order was touring for Substance and EATB had released their self titled disc (the one with Lips Like Sugar and Bedbugs and Ballyhoo).

Oingo Boingo is one of my all time faves. I think Danny Elfman is a genius. My first concert ever...my brother took me to see them at the Greek Theater for the Good For your Soul tour. Did you see their farewell visit to the Delta Center? I was in Utah, so could not make it to any of the LA shows. But did catch them once for halloween at the palladium. I love going to shows.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote