View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #47
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
You said they were entitled to an auto-BCS bid. I extrapolated from that you think they were top 12. Otherwise, why argue they belonged?

If you are arguing they were really, say, the 20th best team in the nation, but should have received a BCS bid on principle, then that's one thing, and in that case I just think your opinion is dumb. If you think they should have qualified under the current system, that means they are legitimately top 12, and in that case I think you're dumb. Because they're not top 12, and never should have been.

Please clarify your position, so I know whether you're stupid or just have a stupid position on this topic.
The computer polls agreed they were reasonably close to 12th. I don't think they were a top 12 team. I think they were around 20th. Georgia is a top 5 team that essentially had a home game, so the result was a little worse than expected for a 5 vs 20, but not out of reason (see Virginia Tech vs LSU this year).

My logic for their ranking isn't based on their SOS, it's based on how they did given who they played. That's a completely different argument than the SOS-in-a-vacuum crap you go on ad nauseum.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote