View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #32
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarobgon View Post
I appreciate the SP addressing this issue that he desribed being the cause of divorces in our stake. I am just curious about why the follow up with the RS sisters and not the Priesthood bretheren. I will wait for my wife's report after the meeting takes place.
I question how much sexual intimacy would be "the cause of divorce," but it's probably a likely factor in many cases. I also agree that the topic of sexual intimacy is probably a topic that should be addressed more openly and frequently. Although frankly, I don't want to hear the faith-building personal stories most of my RS sisters might have to share.

And I also wonder what the difference would be with a follow-up with the women. You said the theme was "be nice and you'll get more action" (or something like that). From what I gather, this would probably not be the theme of the lesson to the women. And yet I have trouble imagining it would be "put out more."

Anyway, if we believe that LDS marriages need more sex, ironically, maybe we should start counseling people to stop having so many kids. That seems like an extremely common barrier for an active sex life.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote