View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 05:19 AM   #4
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
but as I think about it now, and as I recently watched him on TV, man did he screw the pooch big time.

This election was tailor-made for him. Dems nominate a black guy who grew up overseas and has a weird name. Economy tanks. Businesses tank in a way so complicated that most Americans can't understand it.

And what did Romney do? He tried to court the Jerry Falwells and all those wackos. He tried to play Mr. Social Conservative, I'm-not-a-blue-blood.

He decided to be phony. And the Republicans went with the earnest, but not so bright, and not so with it McCain.

Now, before I start rubbing oil on Romney's back, I do think he has a fundamental flaw in his personality that turns people off, like John Kerry. But I wonder if things will ever set up for him, like they did for him this go-around.

Wow, this was like blowing an uncontested layup with time expiring on the clock. One of the all-time misplays in presidential politics.
Good points. I would have heartily supported Romney had he stayed true to what he was that won him Governor of Mass. He made his own bad karma. His plasticity his tragic flaw. He outsmarted himself. I'm tempted to blame his Mormon upbringing but I'll resist.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote