View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #13
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
FWIW, I went to BYU, I have numerous family and other close ones that attended BYU. I've lived in Provo my entire adult life. I hire BYU interns. I have close friends and family who are currently employed at BYU. I'm pretty connected to BYU.

I've never once heard a first hand or second hand story of someone who was ratted out to the HCO for something. I've only heard those stories on message boards. For that reason, I feel a lot of this is blown out of proportion.
Well, if you like we can meet and I can repeat the above stories I related to you in person. I can also give you the names of the other people involved in the first incident. 2 of which were BYU football players at the time.

I don't think it happens all the time. But it happened to me twice in the 4 1/2 years I attended BYU. I don't think it happens that much with Bishops, mostly with other students. In fact, in another incident where my roommates were indicted on drug charges and arrested our Bishop who was also BYU's Treasurer went to bat for my one roommate and kept him from getting the boot. I think most of the ecclesiastical leaders there get it. But there are a few for every several great ones that have mullah tendencies.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote