View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #10
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Yeah, the Bush tax cuts of 2003 didn't work, as evidenced by the horrible economy of 2003-2006, right? (that's called sarcasm). Dividend cuts were part of an overall tax cut strategy. I don't know what you consider "rich," but there are millions of people that get dividend payments every year. I do, and I ain't rich.

My comment about providing everyone a free laptop was SOMEWHAT TIC, but I guarantee you that's what people will be calling for next.

I didn't say anything is wrong with free wi-fi in populated areas! We already have it here. It's already happening, being driven by local governments in conjunction with private enterprise. My point is the government should NOT be providing and/or paying for everyone's internet access!
I noticed how you conveniently stopped at 2006, which is right around the time the paper tiger of 2003-2006 started to crumble and reveal itself.

I agree that millions of people get dividend payments each year. unfortunately, over 100 million pay taxes. I enjoyed the divided tax cut personally, but I dont pretend it really only benefited to more wealthy amongst us. It still doesnt make it a bad idea. Obama's idea for broadband signal towers or inside building structures isnt even really progressive...it is already being done outside the US. If anything, he is trying to get us to catch up.

I view building out a tech infrastructure similarly to building roads.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote