View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 01:11 AM   #21
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
You know, I often wonder if our kids will be talking about our parents' generation, (and ours to a lesser extent) in the same way that we talk about our grandparents' generation in relation to blacks and the priesthood. They'll wonder how we could have been so out of touch.
It is already happening, hermano.

My niece was in a HS play called (quite humerously) "The Phantom of the Oprah." I asked her if they had a black student playing Oprah and my niece swiftly corrected me saying that african american is the terminology of chouce.

I dont view this is PC gone amok, but rather as evidence of your hypothesis.

I think in 20 years, we will all look back at this and say to ourselves, "why the heck did I care so much if two gay people wanted to wear rings and get married?" I dont think homosexuality will be acceptable within the Gospel, but I do think that, as a whole, we will be more aware and sensitive in greater numbers towards gays.

Unfortunately, we will have also likely moved on to the next group to fear, hate, and ostracize. Maybe amputees? The elderly? Cyclists?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote